Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"That's Silly" 2010

The barrel costume was made by scoring and folding a single cardboard box. I painted the wood grain with craft paint. Fastened the suspenders to the inside and wore Shirley's husband Bill's hat from his Madison Ave. days.

Judging from the reaction, this may have been my
best costume ever. I know I said the same thing last year and the year before that. I'm getting older and trying to remain as flexible as possible which requires changing your mind a lot and of course no one wants to think their best work is behind them.  Originally I wanted to be a "Barrel of Monkeys." That would have been quite a bit more work but I felt it would be no more effective. The costume says naked although most of me is covered. Karen said the barrel bounced nicely when I walked and was funny enough with no monkeys.

I love the Illustrators Party. I am proud to keep company with such a wonderful, creative group of professional artists and their families.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man this is cool outfit! Im so glad that I found this blog! Makes me smile! :D

One from Finland

Desiluna said...

would love to do this for my husband.
do you have any advice for others ??